Published on May 27, 2015
In this article, I have explained the technique to start Mac with only the required driver & programs so that you can check whether the background application are interfacing with MS Office. This technique is known as Clean Startup.
You must have administrative rights to perform the steps mentioned in this article.
Step 1: At first Start up your System with Safe Boot
To start your Mac in safe mode just go through the Article "How to Start Mac in Safe Mode to Resolve the Issues"
Step 2: Now Check whether the Problem still Persists or Not
After performing the safe boot restart the system and check the affected application, whether they are working now or not.
- If the problem is solved, then find out the main cause of Problem for that check out the next step
- If the problem is still occurring means interface is not happening due to the background application. In such case the article may not help you, just restart the system to return to normal mode
Step 3: Find out the main cause of the Problem
For that, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click on the System Preferences from the Apple Menu.
- Then click on Accounts.
- Now from the right side of the Window Select Login Items.
- The entire items that are being displayed here has been set to start. Meanwhile, a normal startup of the OS will take place. But, in case if you don't want to start any of the items, simply check mark that item(s). This will hide all that particular item(s) & will not start during the safe restart.
- If you are not able to make changes, then press the lock icon from the windows lower left corner. Now enter credential details and after then click on the OK button. Now you make the required changes.
After determining that which item is causing the problem, contact the manufacturer to update the Start Item